Monday, May 11, 2009

Housework-the Search Continues

It seems that I am on a permanent search for a system, THE SYSTEM, that will make housework easier to manage. There is always a book or a blog post or forum post that makes sense. "Maybe I'll try this"- I think. And I do.

The thing with housework is... It is always there! It is this ever-present entity, always looming, always lurking. If you ignore it, it doesn't go away. If you tackle it, it comes back again, to stare at you in the face. There is no other choice but to stare back at it and hope that this time you will claim victory.

Thank God I am a person of hope. Because hope is what I need. Lots of it!

Hope that I find a system.
Hope that I will be consistent applying the system.
Hope that abuela's (my mother) organization gene, that seems to have skipped a generation, will show up in my kids.
Hope that someday, somebody, might invent a self cleaning house.
Hope that someday, somebody, will come up with disposable (biodegradable of course) clothes.
Hope that lint will evaporate, and dust will vanish and that stuff will magically find-on their own- their proper place, toilets will be self sanitized and tubs will be anti mold and soap scum repellent.

In the meantime I am left with the truth: housework needs to be done. In my constant search I came across this (HT to Elizabeth who got it from here who got it from Jennifer ) So for now, I am going to read this list and see if I can apply it to our household. Maybe, just maybe, this list will help me to get the essentials done.

No comments: