Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Planning Routine

I loved Dawn's posts on planning . It makes so much sense to have a routine. This week I have been able to consolidate the bulk of my dc's outside activities into two days, Tuesday and Thursday. That frees Wednesday for planning purposes. I'll try this and see how it works.
This is what I am thinking about next week:

  • History:
    • Read chapter on Mexican Independence from Story of the World Vol3.
    • Read chapter on Miguel Hidalgo from Fifteen Famous Latin Americans.
  • Geography
    • Review countries and capitals of South America.
  • English
  • Spanish
    • G:
      • continue her current work on So You Really Want to Learn Spanish
    • A:
      • Play Combinaciones
      • Review vocabulary from the previous units before he goes on to the next.
  • Math
    • G: continue her current work on Teaching Texbooks
    • A: read chapter from How Math Works about presenting data.
  • Latin
    • G: continue Henle I through Memoria Press.
    • A: I am not sure what to do with A. at this point. He doesn't seem to be grasping the concepts from Latina Christiana. I don't know if I should continue, try something else or simply abandon Latin until he is older. Maybe I should just do some Latin and Greek roots and play Rummy Roots with him. Or maybe look into some other program for him. I am not sure at this point.
  • Science
    • G: continue her regular course work
    • A:
  • Reading
    • G:
      • continues her reading of Treasure Island
      • continues her reading of A Philadelphia Catholic in King James Court
    • A:
      • continues The Seventeenth Swap
      • continues Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
  • Art
    • continue study of Vermeer - I need to find out more about picture study
  • Music
    • continue study of Elgar

No comments: