Wednesday, April 15, 2009

King Tut


Yesterday, we went to Dallas to see King Tut. Actually King Tut wasn't there but tons of artifacts found inside his tomb were.

I think there is a little bit of false advertisement going on. They use King Tut's gold mask for the publicity but the gold mask is not there and, of course neither is the mummy. I am glad a friend warned me ahead of time. I think we would've been disappointed.

I found this article that explains a little bit more about the mummy, King Tut's Mummy. This article tells a little more detail about how the mummy was moved into the glass case that house it today and why it was moved there.

I was really impressed by the beauty of the jewels, furniture and amulets we saw yesterday. They are exquisite! I was amazed at the level of craftsmanship and beauty they could attain with the primitive means at their disposal. I was also struck anew with how much time and money was spent in thinking and preparing for the afterlife. If we invested as much time thinking about heaven, we would really be holy!

No comments: